Friday, February 13, 2009

ShmooCon, Podcasters and Dojosec oh my!!!

I’ve been meaning to post this for a couple of days, and finally got around to doing a little write-up on them. As I posted earlier, I had the chance to go to my first Hacker convention in Washington DC. In preparation, I did a little bit of research into ShmooCon and started following the Shmoo Group on Twitter. In the process, I picked up a few followers on Twitter. Marcus Carey being one of them. Looking at his information led me to a group of podcasters that were hosting their third annual Podcastersmeetup at ShmooCon. Basically a group of Security oriented podcasters that get together to broadcast live from ShmooCon and meet their listeners. Marcus runs a group called Dojosec that was one of the sponsors for the podcastmeetup and an event afterwards called Firetalks. Afterwards, we all went to the HacDC party and had a great time getting to know people in our field and doing a little networking for the future. All that from a little bit of research before going to a conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment